Day Nine already! It’s the penultimate day of the blog tour! Just where have these two weeks disappeared to?!
– Today started off brilliantly too with a 5-star review from Sorcha at Old Victorian Quill!
– Amy Bookworm has done a not-quite-finished-the-book review!
– 3 stars and a lovely review from The Pink Polka Dot Blog!
– Ashley from Paranormal Sisters has interviewed me here! http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/blog-tour-excerpt-interview-giveaway.html It was a great interview to do, and I’m pleased to be part of the upcoming blog tour for Ashley’s horror short story The Harvesters!
– And I can’t believe I forgot to mention this yesterday because it was so much fun to do! My dream cast if Not Pretty Enough was ever made into a movie! (Hah! A girl can dream…) Here’s who I would want to play Chessie, Lloyd, and Debs!
Day eight of the blog tour already! I can’t believe it!
– Another great start to the day with three (!) 5 star reviews! One from The Book Addict, one from Hot Off The Shelves, and one from Mommasez!
– Lovely review from Such A Novel Idea!
– And, this one is nothing to do with the blog tour, but the lovely Isabella Louise Anderson invited me back to be a guest on Chick Lit Goddess again, so here I am sharing my process of writing Not Pretty Enough, which I did a lot differently to the way I write most books! http://chicklitgoddess.com/2013/09/25/jaimie-admans-2/
Two day round up today due to a lot of non-posters yesterday, there wasn’t much to round up!
– Today started off with a wonderful 8/10 review from the lovely Laura at Laura’s Little Book Blog!
– 4 stars from brilliant YA author Marie Landry! (Seriously, her book Waiting For The Storm is one of my top reads of 2013!)
– 5 stars from Frustrated Yukky Mummy!
– Lovely 4 star review from Book Comet!
– Another 4 star review from Reading To The Stars And Back!
– 4 stars from Mom In Love With Fiction!
– Another 4 stars from Love, Literature, Art, and Reason!
– More reviews from Books, Coffee, and Wine, Island Lovelies Book Club, Diva Booknerd, Reads And Thoughts, and The Bookworm In Boots!
– My top five new year’s resolutions on Jess Resides Here!
– My thoughts on book covers at Indy Book Fairy: Judge A Book By It’s Cover!
– A Little Bit Of R&R hosts How To Write YA That Appeals To Both Teens And Adults!
Don’t forget you can read excerpts from the book and also enter the giveaway to win swag and a $40 Amazon gift voucher at all of these tour stops!
Can you believe a whole week has passed already?! This time next week, the whole tour will sadly be over!
– Day five got off to an amazing start with a fabulous 5-star review from my tattoo twin Jenny In Neverland!
– And another brilliant review from fellow Welsh writer and author of Red Threads Stacey J Mitchell!
– A great review from Sarah Elizabeth’s Bookshelf!
– 3 1/2 funny and lovable stars from A Bookish Escape!
– The lovely Amy Bookworm has done a Page 99 test!
– And I’ve done a really fun interview on Sutton Fox’s blog Fox Tales!
– Day four starts with a guest post: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Not Pretty Enough, hosted by the lovely Cosmochicklitan!
– And another guest post: My take on getting inside character’s heads, this one is hosted by Random Jendsmit!
– A 4-star review from the lovely Nova at My Seryniti!
– Another 4-star review from The Phantom Paragrapher!
– And finally, a slightly spoilery 3-star review from Mostly YA!
As always, you can enter to win a $40 Amazon gift voucher + book swag at every tour stop!
– Another great start to the day with a wonderful 5-star review from the gorgeous Trish at Tishylou’s World!
– Fabulous 4-star review from Books Books Books Blog!
– Another 4-star (or 4 fleur de lis!) review from Sweet Southern Home!
– Another brilliant review from Living In A Bookworld!
– And I’ve done an interview on Writers And Authors!
– Day two of the blog tour got off to a smashing start with a 5-star review from the lovely Sheli Reads! https://shelireads.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/not-pretty-enough/
– A fantastic 4-star review from Crawling Over The Pages! http://couchpotatoism.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/book-tour-stop-not-pretty-enough-by.html
– Fellow writer E.L. Adams also gives the book 4-stars! http://throughthegateway.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/tour-stop-not-pretty-enough-by-jaimie.html
– Fantastic Italian review from Please Another Book! http://pleaseanotherbook.tumblr.com/post/61492341503
There are also two guest posts today:
– One on what drew me to writing in the first place on Sab The Book Eater http://sabthebookeater.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/blog-tour-guest-post-giveaway-not.html
– And one about naming characters on Krystal’s Enchanting Reads! http://enchantingreads7.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/npeblogtour-notprettyenough-by-jaimie.html
Don’t forget you can enter to win a $40 Amazon gift voucher at any of these tour stops!
Yes, today is the day that the Not Pretty Enough blog tour kicks off! I will be posting highlights here every night so you can follow the tour, there’s also the chance to win a $40 Amazon giftcard and some signed swag!
– Things started off really well this morning with a 5 star review from the fabulous Love Of A Good Book! http://theloveofagoodbook.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/not-pretty-enough-by-jaimie-admans/
– There’s a guest post from me on the ups and downs of writing YA over at Literary Meanderings – http://www.literaryme.net/2013/09/tour-stop-not-pretty-enough-by-jaimie.html
– There’s a lovely review and playlist on Starbucks & Books Obsessions – http://bookbloggerparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/blog-tour-review-playlist-giveaway-not.html
– And there are more lovely reviews and excerpts at The Unknown Random, Danasquare, Inside The Mind Of A Bibliophile, and Stay Bookish! Thanks, girls!
That’s it for today, I’ll be back with more tour highlights tomorrow! Don’t forget you can enter the giveaway at almost any one of these tour stops!
I promised I’d post with all Not Pretty Enough blog tour info, and here it is!
The lovely Dianne from Oops I Read A Book Again and I are organising a blog tour for Not Pretty Enough. It will run September 16th-27th, and all bloggers are welcome to take part. We have no limit on sign-ups, you can choose whichever day suits you, and whether you want to review the book or if you’d prefer me to do an interview, guest post, or some other spotlight item like an excerpt from the book. Advanced Review Copies are ready to go now, even though the book isn’t out until August 1st, so if you fancy reading it and you’re a blogger, please sign up! I promise it’ll be a really fun tour!
There will be a tour-wide giveaway, which tour hosts will be able to enter too!
Sign-ups are open: —- HERE —-
Thank you, everyone! I really appreciate all the support so much!
About the book:
“New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Lloyd Layton will know I exist. He once said three whole words to me, so this is obviously progress. If I don’t get a proper conversation out of him soon, then I’ll take my top off and streak through the cafeteria, because nobody could fail to notice these boobs.
2. I will not get expelled for streaking through the cafeteria.”
Those are the words that begin her mission.
Chessie is fourteen, not pretty enough, and very much in love. Lloyd Layton is hot, popular, and unaware of Chessie’s existence.
Her goal is clear: to get Lloyd to love her as much as she loves him, and she has exactly one year to do it.
As Chessie’s obsession with Lloyd reaches boiling point and she starts to spin a web of lies that spiral out of control, Lloyd turns out to be not quite the prince she thought he was. Can Chessie avoid the gathering storm before things go too far?
Not Pretty Enough is a contemporary young adult comedy suitable for ages thirteen and over.
Book two in the series will be released early 2014.